Amulet BRUT Rigid Thumbs for backhoes and Excavators
Equipmentland offers the Amulet BRUT (Best Rigid Universal Thumb) manual thumb, an affordable, heavy duty grapple device for backhoes and excavators. Built for demolition, land clearing, placing rip rap, brush and log handling, recycling and scrap handling.
Amulet CT Series manual thumbs are designed for those who do not require independent control features of mechanical HoeClamps or custom configured hydraulic PowerClamps. Therefore, Amulet’s Rigid Thumb ( also called mechanical thumb) is and easy solution for demolition, rip rap, land clearing, scrap, etc.
When not in use, all CT model thumbs are designed to store as complete units tightly against the stick. Amulet’s severe duty NT series rigid Nitro thumbs are now available for base machines ranging from 20,000 – 100,000 lbs. The Nitro thumb is the ideal solution for demolition, land clearing, as well as scrap and log handling projects.
Best Rigid Universal Thumbs have a weld-on baseplate and their own main pin.
Amulet BRUT manual Thumbs are rigid mechanical non-hydraulic thumbs that can be used in fixed positions. So, they do not require the independent control features of hydraulic thumbs or the patented Amulet HoeClamp.
Amulet Mechanical Thumbs are available for any weight class of backhoe and excavator.
Amulet offers seven models in the B.R.U.T. series. Each model is designed to cover a specific segment of machines that range between 2,500 – 100,000 lbs.. For specific B.R.U.T. models and specifications, see the chart below for the model best suited for your particular loader/backhoe, mini excavator or full size excavator.
NT (Nitro) Model: Rigid Mount Thumb has 3-position adjustment, easy function and storage for the contractor or scrap Yard just looking for a tough, hgh strength thumb at a great price.
Model CT Convertible Models: CT Series Thumbs can be upgraded later to hydraulic to become an Amulet Powerbrute. (Please note that it is more economical in the long run to purchase a Powerbrute now compared to the total cost of purchasing a CT Model now and upgrading later.)
– Models available for machines with and without quick couplers.
– Adjustable fixed thumb two fixed working positions plus storage position.
– Has it’s own main pin – No stress on your bucket pin. Bucket changes quickly.
– Field-Customize to fit specific bucket lengths.
– Independent Main-Pin. Does not interfere when changing bucket & works with all quick couplers.
– Easily Adjustable all adjustments made by moving a single.
– Easy Installation. Shipped pre-assembled. Simply position the base plate on the stick & weld. No hydraulic hoses or valves. Most owner/operators who are proficient in welding, can position and install in about 4 hours.
– Open back design offers improved visibility.
– Rigid Mount Bucket Thumb, Adjustable
– Universal fit weld-on base
– Universally spaced tines
– Wide range of rotation
– Independent, heat treated main pin
– High Grade T-1 steel construction is used in all critical components.
– Low maintenance
– 2 Year warranty
– 100% USA made
– Export available
Large diameter hardened pins and bushings throughout.
Include your carrier model brand and type when inquiring/ordering.
|“Tip Radius Dimension” required when ordering:
To assure correct fit your new thumb, we need a measurement of the distance from the center of the main bucket pin. This is not the pin that makes the bucket curl), to the end of the teeth on your bucket (if no teeth, then to cutting edge). This measurement can be done with the bucket in any position as the distance remains constant.
If you are using a Quick Coupler for changing buckets you must check your tip radius. In this case measure from the center of the main pin where the coupler connects to the stick, to the cutting edge/teeth of bucket.